
I quickly sent that screenshot off to Sharon the Creeper* and Slai asking them for witty captions. (Sorry, DEB - hadn't meant to leave you out!)
Slai wrote:
they should reword it as "i am looking for" and you can check as many as you want.Sharon the Creeper wrote:
"i am looking for a child"? skeetttchyyyy
i don't have a caption, but my dad's caption is: "being confident in God's provision" or "trusting in God's provision"lisa, i'll give you 50 cents if you check that box.
So I reworked it. If I hadn't already turned it in, this is what I would have sent:

And even if God didn't provide a spouse by then, at least I'd be 5o cents richer.
Thanks, Pastor TQ! Sharon, you don't know how lucky you are to have a pastor for a dad - I have not a doubt that you are always to be inspired, not discouraged, when filling out such forms. (FYI, I stole from Mr. Bennet the rhythm of that last sentence; Vol III, Ch. 55. Thanks, E. Reese! Slash, maybe there's another quote I'm thinking of.)
So, I guess I've now got a month and three days to find a spouse-to-be. Anna and I were talking about how I could start a Google Form inquiring of all potentials on certain topics:
- Beverage of choice: Coffee? tea? herbal tea? (That was for you, Soofie.)
- Food: quantity or quality? I mean, it's important that a guy can appreciate quality food - I couldn't have it otherwise. But everyone needs help clearing leftovers (i.e., when you go into Trash Can Mode), and every once in a while it's necessary to hit up something a little less than gourmet. So we came up with the perfect balance: Trash Can With Taste.
* I feel that in order to write about my friends, they need to have nicknames, like Donald Miller's friend Tony the Beat Poet. Right now, only two of my friends have such names: Sharon the Creeper and Josh the Pen Pal. (Sharon, you can be Sharon the PK if you really want.) So I suppose if you want a shout-out in the blog (David, I know you need to catch up in the contest), then you best be sending me your submissions. So, post a comment and sign off with your nickname.
8 comments:
LoL! I love "trash" can mode!! This is good stuff Lisa. You had better get to Pemberley hecka fast if you want a spouse-to-be indubitably (fyi, I had to use OS X's Dictionary to make sure I was using that word with great efficacy).
Peace,
David-I-taught-Sharona-how-to-be-the-creeper E. Barta
or
David E. Bonics (credit to Eric Oelker for this one!)
P.S. - I want $0.50. What box(es) must I check?
yay for five shout-outs! i'm claiming my dad's as 1/2 and P&P as another 1/2.
on further thought, additional boxes could be 'pastor', 'name of famous preacher', '[Christian] surprise'.
i'm not sure how many boxes you can check. if only one, then must you choose between a child and a spouse? is your spouse not your friend?? what if *you* think you're bringing your spouse-to-be but s/he isn't sure? does this force a dtr or...a proposal? forms are complicated, i tell you.
beware of unusual name tags. they might color code so that you that you meet all of the others with spouses-to-be.
btw, 50 cents is 2/3 of the way toward a new book on our new second favorite website. second to SCL, that is.
also, i think i prefer sharon the english major, though i can see sharon the PK working as well. sharon who trusts Jesus [more]? the C status really belongs to DEB (see wehaiku blog).
I'm surprised they don't have a box for "pet", "favorite blanket", or just "other" so you could have a greater sense of freedom. What if you were bringing your fifth cousin twice removed? Then what box do you check? Maybe you are not allowed to bring your fifth cousin twice removed.
Josh the Pen Pal
pretty slash lisa,
pretty slash
I think the category spouse-to-be is very ambiguous. I wonder if the person making the form just didn't know how to spell fiance or couldn't figure out how to get the little accent mark in there or something. Then again, maybe this is an effort by the school to get people to DTR before coming to seminary, there by forcing their students to deal with personal drama before starting grad school. Person 1 "I'm bringing you to my orientation as my spouse-to-be." Person 2 "We aren't even engaged." Person 1 "Well do you think we will be someday?" Magic.
-Molly the mom-llr...yeah I got nothing
this is great lisa. i think the nicknames are a terrrrible idea. (mostly b/c i'm not feeling witty at the moment and can't come up with anything so i'm staring at you blankly and not signing this comment).
-
what the h-e-double hockey sticks is "slash"?
okay i decided what i want my name to be: Donna-trust-me-i'm-almost-a-doctor.
Post a Comment