Monday, June 2, 2008

We are Berkeley

I got this idea from Guardedly Optimistic's We Are Starbucks entry. Granted, I love Berkeley more than I do (or don't) Starbucks, so this isn't really to poke too much fun at Berkeley, I just thought that you, my friends, would have a lot to add, so I thought I'd start the ball rolling:

"I bring canvas bags to Berkeley Bowl and any other grocery store (or farmer's market) I go to. I am Berkeley."

"I wear Reefs/Rainbows/Tevas, use a Klean Kanteen (previously Nalgene), and have a North Face backpack. I am Berkeley."

"I will argue with any idea you present. I am Berkeley."

"I am too clever for my own good. I am Berkeley."

"I can do whatever I want. I am Berkeley."

"I love Peet's. I am Berkeley."

"I enjoy (and have added to) the grout poetry in the bathroom at Moffitt Library. I am Berkeley."

4 comments:

Donna said...

i LOVE the grout poetry.

Stephanie said...

I have declared myself as a vegetarian at least once in my life for political/moral/emotional/potential to elevate my coolness status reasons. I am Berkeley.

If I live away from Berkeley, I frequently look around my current surroundings ultra-critically and declare how much I miss Berkeley. Example would be going to your local grocery store and pointedly asking the produce worker why there aren't 5 different types of pineapple to choose from like at Berkeley Bowl. I am Berkeley.

I explain anything remotely different or unusual to a visitor with a shrug and a sigh: "Oh, Berkeley." I am Berkeley.

I have more ethnic friends than you. I am Berkeley.

Anonymous said...

I know the napping potential of every couch in every library on campus. I am Berkeley.

I ran naked through the library during finals. Every semester. I am Berkeley.

I buy chic earrings on the side of the street made of cowrie shells and native minerals. I am Berkeley.

I drink my Jamba Juice from a paper cup. I am Berkeley.

Did you hear the one about the Asian, the hippie and the sorority girl? I am Berkeley.

Molly said...

I protest in trees. I am Berkeley.

I eat delicious pizza on medians next to signs telling me to stay off. I am Berkeley.

I rolled down a hill in vain hopes of getting a 4.0 and believed many other lies told by CalSo counselors. I am Berkeley.

I have become a snob about eating ethnic food at reasonable prices. I am Berkeley.

I bring power strips to coffee shops. I am Berkeley...or maybe just Lisa Chu ;)